Garden Fresh Red & White Cocktail Ring




Its May!  Every year as soon as spring  hits I always think I'm going to plant herbs or something in the garden but then reality sets in - I'd have to dig in the dirt, get hot and sweaty and deal with insects.  I think not...

These days you can get fresh herbs                                                                
in hydroponic 'ish blisterpaks  i.e. 
the herbs are still growing in 
their plastic packaging in the grocery isle 
when you buy them.                                  
                                                                 


Practically two weeks ago I bought some potted fresh mint in what is called a Shenandoah grower - which is simply a little flowerpot in a plastic open top wrap.  I was able to start pinching off mint leaves for tea and cooking as soon as I got home and everyday after that.

Fast forward two weeks later, my little mint plant is growing and more shoots have taken the place of the parts that I pinched off every day - I feel like I might have green fingers! (or thumb).     

 I'm now on a mission to collect some basil, cilantro and 
parsley growers from my local Walmart - which is where I bought the mint and the watering of those everyday as they sit on the inside of my windowsill will have to be the extent of my gardening activities, think I'll stick to what I know, like this red and white 1 3/4" cocktail ring 


                            
- looks great on my thumb -  yes... the green one, which is where I wear it.  This is an extravagantly cool ring.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
ikologee.com. Powered by Blogger.

About Me

I am motivated by creativity and love making and creating things, whether I'm repurposing, inventing, improving or making - I love it all. I am originally from London, England and have lived in the states long enough to be able to understand every accent and a short enough while to still feel like a Londoner. I love where I live the summers are hot, the air is soft and I can hear the birds chirping in the otherwise quiet mornings. I am part of a whole in a match made in heaven, I have no children except for the children of others and my two puppies and life is a gift!

This is...

somewhere to find how-to slide shows on wearable DIY accessories and other online 'found' objects of beauty!

*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************

*******************************
*******************************
*******************************

*******************************

*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************

*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************
*******************************

*******************************
*******************************
*******************************

*******************************
*******************************

Followers


Recent Comments